I’ve been looking at my 30 Before 30 list for the past couple of days, trying to work out what to put for numbers 17 – 29. Then I realised that, even though I’ve started some of them, I haven’t actually crossed one off. So it’s time to get moving, finish the list, and start doing stuff.
Number 9 – Go for Sushi. It isn’t exactly hard. Maybe I should just pop down to Yo! Sushi after work one day. I’m kind of intrigued by food on a conveyor belt. But I imagined a posh, over-priced restaurant where I order things I’d never heard of. I can always do that after I suppose.
Number 12 – Learn to Drive. I’ve been putting this one off for a while. But, as public transport will eventually give me a nervous breakdown, I decided it is time. I have my first driving lesson tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Number 8 – Visit a fortune-teller. I don’t really believe in spiritual stuff. But I have always been curious as to what they would say. but where exactly do you find a fortune-teller these days. I want a good one (if there is such a thing) so I had better get Googling.
Number 11 – Complete my TEFL course. I’m not exactly on track with this one. But I have been doing it. I just need to find more time, and remember why I’m doing it.
Now for some new additions to the list
17. Write a Novel – How is this one not already on there? I’ve been practising my short stories a lot more, and getting some feedback. But it’s time to start planning the novel. Maybe I should take a course or find a writing group.
18. Teach English – There’s not much point in doing the course if I don’t.
19. Go to a festival – Every year I say I’ll go. But I never do. The thought of mud, and a tent instead of my nice, cosy bed has kept me away. But next year will be the year.. of the year after.
20. Buy a Mini – I just really want one. They’re so cute. I’ll be able to afford one eventually.
21. Get the complete set of Mr Men books for my future children – I bought an almost complete set of Mr Men books from one of my neighbours. There are two books missing. I can’t stand to have an incomplete set. But this should be an easy one to do in the next couple of weeks.
22. Get the complete collection of Enid Blyton books I used to read as a child – I think most of them are in the loft. But I want to replace some of the ripped ones and display them properly.
So that’s it for now.. Time to get started..